The silent Auction for the AGM is looking really amazing. Thank you to all who have donated something!
The committee are the trustees of the charity that comprises of both Brampton and Hilltop Pre-Schools, without a full and working committee the Pre-Schools would not be able to open. The only time to join the committee is during the Annual General Meeting which takes place on Tuesday 7th November at 8pm at Brampton.
- Monday 16th – Tuesday 31st October – Halloween Fundraiser
- Halloween fund-raising games; “Guess the name of the Ghoul” and “Guess the number of sweets in the jar” will be available to play in the waiting areas of both pre-schools
- Friday 29th October – End of Term 1
- Monday 30th October – Start of Term 2
- Saturday 4th November – Concept Photography will be at Brampton for family photographs
- This is open to all families at both settings. Please sign up in the reception area of your child’s setting.
- Tuesday 7th November, 8pm – Annual General Meeting of Portishead Playgroups/Pre-School Charity
- AGM open to all parents of the Pre-School with Keynote speaker and Child Behaviour Specialist, Mandy Stopard
- Tuesday 21st November, 3.30pm – Cake Sale at both Brampton and Hilltop
- Friday 15th December – End of Term 2
- Friday 15th December – Victorian Evening
- Join the staff and committee at our fundraising stall on Portishead High Street (outside Boots)
- Saturday 16th December – Sponsored Cold Water Swim @ Portishead Open Air Pool
- Please contact a member of staff or the committee if you would like to join the team
- Thursday 4th January – Start of Term 3
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Friday 23rd March – End of Term 4
- Monday 9th April – Start of Term 5
- Friday 25th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 4th June – Start of Term 6
- Sunday 8th July – Raft Race
- A fundraising stall at the Raft Race, with games and crafts etc
- Thursday 19th July – End of Term 6
All parents should have received a letter about the AGM – if you have not received one it is below. Please fill in and return to settings to allow us to prepare for the meeting.
We are also looking for prizes for the Silent Auction. Last year we had a variety of prizes and vouchers – a coffee machine, a Butchers Block voucher, Nando’s Voucher, soft play sessions, fitness boxing sessions… These helped us raise about £200. If you think you could offer something then please let us know by emailing – email@example.com
News and Updates from the Committee:
The renovation at Brampton is almost finished and we are all really pleased by how wonderful the building is now looking inside. The main room is brighter and more open, there is more space in the children’s toilets and the office is now big enough to actually work in!
We would like to focus our attention to the outdoor spaces at both of our settings and on Sunday 8th October, between 10 and 11.30, the Committee would like to invite you to join them at Brampton to enhance the outside space there.
This is also an excellent chance to find out more about the committee: who we are, why we fundraise, what we do and how you can support us either as a new committee member or as a parent.
There will be face painting for children, hot drinks and bacon rolls for sale and with your help we can enhance the outside space at Brampton with planting and bulbs.
The committee are also keen to see the outdoor space at Hilltop enhanced, so we will also be taking a selection of pots and plants up to Hilltop and spending time improving the outdoor space with the children and staff later on in the week. If you would like to help us when we visit Hilltop please let a member of staff know.
The building at Brampton has been refurbished over the summer, full details coming soon!
But thanks to all the fund-raising over the last few years – look how wonderful our indoor space is now!
We have been given some amazing raffle prizes for our Summer Fair! If you want to add anything please let the Committee know.