The silent Auction for the AGM is looking really amazing. Thank you to all who have donated something!
The committee are the trustees of the charity that comprises of both Brampton and Hilltop Pre-Schools, without a full and working committee the Pre-Schools would not be able to open. The only time to join the committee is during the Annual General Meeting which takes place on Tuesday 7th November at 8pm at Brampton.
- Monday 16th – Tuesday 31st October – Halloween Fundraiser
- Halloween fund-raising games; “Guess the name of the Ghoul” and “Guess the number of sweets in the jar” will be available to play in the waiting areas of both pre-schools
- Friday 29th October – End of Term 1
- Monday 30th October – Start of Term 2
- Saturday 4th November – Concept Photography will be at Brampton for family photographs
- This is open to all families at both settings. Please sign up in the reception area of your child’s setting.
- Tuesday 7th November, 8pm – Annual General Meeting of Portishead Playgroups/Pre-School Charity
- AGM open to all parents of the Pre-School with Keynote speaker and Child Behaviour Specialist, Mandy Stopard
- Tuesday 21st November, 3.30pm – Cake Sale at both Brampton and Hilltop
- Friday 15th December – End of Term 2
- Friday 15th December – Victorian Evening
- Join the staff and committee at our fundraising stall on Portishead High Street (outside Boots)
- Saturday 16th December – Sponsored Cold Water Swim @ Portishead Open Air Pool
- Please contact a member of staff or the committee if you would like to join the team
- Thursday 4th January – Start of Term 3
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Friday 23rd March – End of Term 4
- Monday 9th April – Start of Term 5
- Friday 25th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 4th June – Start of Term 6
- Sunday 8th July – Raft Race
- A fundraising stall at the Raft Race, with games and crafts etc
- Thursday 19th July – End of Term 6
All parents should have received a letter about the AGM – if you have not received one it is below. Please fill in and return to settings to allow us to prepare for the meeting.
We are also looking for prizes for the Silent Auction. Last year we had a variety of prizes and vouchers – a coffee machine, a Butchers Block voucher, Nando’s Voucher, soft play sessions, fitness boxing sessions… These helped us raise about £200. If you think you could offer something then please let us know by emailing – email@example.com
Thank you to all the parents, staff and committee that joined us for our AGM on the 17th November.
The minutes from the meeting will be available soon, both online and at the settings.
We had a great turnout of parents and were really pleased to elect five parents onto the committee – Sally Dyer, Ross Calderwood, Abbie Wilford, Jenny Niblett and Kelly-Ann Jervis.
We raised a brilliant £151.60!
Thanks to all of those who bid and donated.
The date of this years AGM is Thursday 17th November, at Brampton Pre-School, Brampton Way. The AGM is a chance to view the accounts from the previous year, hear an annual report from the Committee and the Manager, suggest fundraising opportunities and highlight useful contacts that may benefit the settings.
A successful AGM is fundamental to the running of the charity and we must have a percentage of families represented to make it a viable meeting.
We will also be hoping to recruit some new volunteers onto the committee to help run the Pre-School. Joining the committee is a great way of learning new skills, meet new people and give back to the Pre-School. For more information about our committee.
We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible!